Everybody loves a festival, and pretty much everyone loves chicken wings right? So why isn’t there a festival dedicated to this delicious food?! While Sacramento has plenty of beer fests, bacon fests, and chili fests, there was a severe lack of tribute being paid to chicken wings in the area, and we set out to change that!Join us at Southside Park on Sunday, July 29th from 2-6pm for Sacramento’s 5th annual chicken wing festival, Sactown Wings. There will be music, games, cheap beer, and over 40,000 chicken wings! Participating wing vendors include: Chicago Fire, Blue Cue, Barwest, Adamos, Kupros Craft House, Logan’s Roadhouse, and more to come. We’ll be featuring amazing music and games for your enjoyment. Two ticket options:
- General Admission: $10 in advance/$15 at the door
Admission, live music, kid zone. You can purchase food and beer at the event. Entrance at 2pm.
- VIP Wing Judge: $45 in advance, not available day of event
Early entry at 1pm, twenty (20) wing tickets (1 ticket = 1 wing), souvenir mug, and a Sactown Wings Judge t-shirt. You’ll be one of only 300 people who get to vote on who has the best wings! Specific shirt sizes not guaranteed after July 15th, so order early!
The festival is No Re-entry, so bring cash for extra food or drink refills!
- Event hours are from 2-6pm with early VIP entrance at 1pm and General admission entrance at 2pm.
- Last call for alcohol at 5:30pm.
- Kids five and under are free!
- No pets.
- Bring cash for food/drink tickets for faster service!
What You Can Bring:
- Water bottles
- Folding Chairs
What You Can’t Bring:
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Shade canopies
- CamelBak style backpacks
- Sactown Wings is a GANG FREE ZONE
- No excessively baggy jeans will be allowed inside the festival
- No bandannas will be allowed inside the festival
- No concealing clothing (ie: Hoods worn up, masks, etc.)
- No custom t-shirts displaying gang names, symbols, logos, or messages
- A valid ticket is required for admission
- This is a rain or shine event
- No refunds
- No in/out privileges
- ATMs will be available inside the festival
- You must be 21+ with a valid event wristband in order to redeem beer tickets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my kids?
Yes! This event is all ages. Kids five and under are free. We’ve even got some fun activities like face painting and inflatables in our KidZone!
- Where can we park?
As with any big event, carpooling is encouraged. The best place to park is the city lot at W & 8th Streets. The lot will open at 1pm and parking is just $2 all day. You MUST pay to park in this lot using the ParkMobile app or website. Please note, the parking zone number is 1027. Click HERE for more information on ParkMobile.Prefer two wheels to four? For those of you who live in the midtown/downtown, or even Land Park areas, riding your bike is a congestion-free way to get to and from Sactown Wings.
- Is the festival pet friendly?
No pets, sorry! Only trained service animals (as defined by the ADA) will be allowed into the festival.
- I don’t like wings, can I still come?
Yes, of course! Come out and enjoy the live music, games, and other festivities we’ve got lined up. Some vendors may offer non-wing food items as well.
- Will there be a wing eating contest?
Yes! There will be two rounds of wing eating competition. Each round will have five (5) contestants who have one minute to eat as many wings as they can. The winners from each of the two rounds will go head-to-head in a one minute final round to determine our champion.
- Round One: 3pm
- Round Two: 4pm
- Championship Round: 5pm
If you would like to enter the wing eating contest, email your name, email address, and cell phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contest is first-come, first-served and may fill quickly. If you don’t sign up in time, you can visit the Xoso Sports tent just before each round. If there are any no-shows we will be giving away their spots. All contestants must be 18+ years old and will be required to sign a release of liability prior to competing.
- What is the difference between General Admission and VIP?
- General Admission: $10 in advance / $15 at the door
Includes admission to the festival at 2pm. You can purchase food and beverages at the event.
- VIP: $45 Only available in advance – not available the day-of the event
Includes a souvenir mug, early admission at 1pm, twenty wing tickets (= 20 wings), a “Wing Judge” t-shirt, and a voter’s ballot.
- General Admission: $10 in advance / $15 at the door
- How do the “wing tickets” and “beer tickets” work?
In order to keep lines moving, all wings and beer will be sold on a ticket basis. Visit the ticket booths to buy as many wing or beer tickets as you’d like. Wing tickets can be exchanged at any wing vendor for 1 wing per ticket. Each beer ticket will get you one 14oz beer/cider/kombucha or one 5oz pour of wine.
- How much are wing/beer tickets?
Wing tickets = $1 each (one wing per ticket)
Beer tickets = $5 each (one 14oz pour)
- What if I have wing/beer tickets left over at closing time?
Wing tickets and beer tickets expire at the close of the event and are non-refundable so you will want to use them up. The beer can’t leave the park but you are welcome to take your wings home and continue enjoying them after the festival!
- Are there gluten free options?
Some wing vendors can cook “naked” wings that aren’t dusted with flour. They may be cooked in the same fryer as other wings, so cross-contamination may occur and they may not be completely gluten free.
- Do I need ID?
Yes. Security will be checking IDs at both entrances and giving wristbands to those who are 21+. You MUST have a wristband to purchase alcoholic beverages inside the event. Please have your ID ready as you enter so we can get everyone in quickly.
- Is there a special entrance for people who save money & buy tickets in advance?
VIP entrance is at 6th and T Street. General Admission Pre-sale tickets are accepted at both the T street corners of the park. Walk-up ticket sales are only available at the 8th and T street entrance and will be in a separate line.
- Do they take credit cards at the event?
No. In order to keep lines moving for everyone, this event is cash only.
- Are there refunds if I can’t attend?
No, the event is rain or shine and there are no refunds but tickets are transferable so feel free to give your ticket to a friend.